What does a trader do on Saturday? Rest. Try to take a mental break and get ready for Sunday.
Saturday is my sabbath. It’s my day of rest and play. I rest some on Sundays, too, but by 2-3 pm I start prepping for the week. Prep includes:
- review charts
- review positions and stops
- update my personal indicator (I’ve dubbed it the Booy Insights Mid-Term Indicator or BiMTi). More on this in a different post.
- check the calendar for important events for the week
- decide on potential setup worth trading
- execute trades at the Sunday night open, when necessary
When I used to man the night desk, I just tried to sleep as much as possible in the afternoon. Glad those days are over!